Unique to Kaleidoscope, we run a bi-annual, free to attend, invitation-only all-day event for anyone that is passionate about developing and realising the benefits to the system and patients of good information governance in health and social care.
Attendees come from a variety of organisations but have in common an unusual level of interest in current practice in information law in health and social care. We try to do something different each time and regularly change the venue.
Next Kaleidoscope IG Geekfest, 13 June 2019, London
The next Kaleidoscope IG Geekfest is taking place on 13 June 2019 in London from 9.30am to 4.oopm, followed by a social drink nearby.
The agenda will include a morning session, run in conjunction with the Open Data Institute, on data ethics and their Data Ethics Canvas. We are interested in exploring its application in health and social alongside DPIAs – just because you can, does it mean you should? We are particularly interested in the growth of big data collections in a system, the need for big data from which to develop AI and machine learning, potential impacts on the rights and freedoms of people, and should this be considered as a risk in DPIAs.
The afternoon session agenda is more fluid at the moment, and we may choose to extend the morning discussion or we will look at topical issues, for example, NHS England’s Population Health Management ideas of what constitutes lawful processing in their online assessment tool.
If you are interested in attending, please contact us to be considered for an invitation.
Previous Kaleidoscope IG Geekfests:
- 24 May 2018, Royal College of Nursing, GDPR & Data Protection Act 2018.
- 6 December 2017, Woburn House, London, Duty of confidentiality & Data Protection Act 2018.
- 27 June 2017, Friends House, London, NHS England Test-Beds lessons learnt
- 8 December 2016, Friends House, London, GDPR (primarily article 30)
- 23 September 2016, Friends House, London, GDPR & Digital Economy Bill
- 4 June 2015, The Ritz, Mayfair, London
- 28 January 2015, The Ritz, Mayfair, London