Kaleidoscope are consultants in data protection laws who specialise in health and social care in both the public and private sectors.
We create innovative and practical solutions to support organisations achieve their objectives, whilst lawfully and ethically processing personal data, ensuring compliance with legislation; national policy; designed technical and organisational controls; and, in ways that minimise risks to the rights and freedoms of individuals.
We give our clients the confidence to process personal data to the full extent permitted by law to help improve the health and social care of people.
Kaleidoscope has built a strong international reputation by providing expert advice on strategies to enable data sharing locally and regionally, on development of national guidance, and in the design privacy architectures for systems and products. We have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the lawful utilisation and sharing of personal confidential data and have created lean and robust governance approaches and systems that provide effective technical and organisational controls for organisations.
We are not a regulated law firm and do not provide privileged legal advice, but are subject matter experts in information law, data privacy and regulatory policy in the health and social sectors. Our consultants all have a hands-on practical approach, backed-up by academic qualifications in law and professional accreditations.
Kaleidoscope works flexibly, most often directly with clients, but also through specialist and non-specialist consultancies, and legal advisers. Our clients and projects are spread across the world including Europe, USA, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Past projects include, in the UK producing guidance for NHS England and NHS Improvement, delivering training for Department of Health, helping Public Health England, supported Commissioning Support Units and Clinical Commissioning Groups. We have worked with all types of NHS bodies and local authority, and public and private sector care providers and technology organisations worldwide, including public health and higher education, as well as software houses, medical device manufacturers, app developers and other private health services.
Outside the UK, we have helped governments with strategies on the use of patient data for research, and with many medical technology and life sciences companies on working with the health data of European citizens under the Medical Device Regulation, Clinical Trial Regulation and General Data Protection Regulation.
- We are passionate about good personal data governance
- We are subject matter experts in information law, privacy and regulatory policy in Europe and around the world
- We are specialists in the health and care sector working with providers, commissioners, med and health tech, and life sciences organisations
- We have a track record of successful small and large-scale project delivery
- We have a permanent team of highly-qualified and experienced consultants
- We have a network of further specialists who can be called on as required
Our core values
- Transparency: We are open and collaborative, clear about the basis for any position we take, cite our sources and, where we have made assumptions, show the basis for these. We keep ourselves up to date with the latest law and analysis.
- Optimism: We aim to find ways to help our clients achieve their objective lawfully and ethically.
- Respect: We respect everybody in all areas of our work: colleagues, clients, suppliers, applicants. Everybody’s input is valued and encouraged.
- Confidence: We have confidence in ourselves, in our colleagues and in our clients. We are accountable for ourselves, our behaviour, and our own contribution.
- Humility: We recognise that there are always people know more than us and we are enthusiastic to learn. We share our knowledge, experience and learning with others
Our core values are important to us as they support our vision and shape our culture. They will be used to guide our decision-making and help us manage performance. Most importantly our core values are the measure we can use for how we treat our colleagues and clients.