In Western health and social care there is an almost universal drive to provide integrated service delivery across organisational boundaries. These new ways of working present significant challenges for people and systems, not least data sharing and linkage.
Kaleidoscope has worked with national, regional and sub-regional bodies to create data management frameworks and governance arrangements that work to deliver data-enabled public services to citizens. Kaleidoscope’s role is distinctly different from ‘digital’ which is often used to describe the delivery of services through apps and across the internet. We address the privacy, confidentiality and governance requirements across whichever platform is being used.
Kaleidoscope works extensively in this area across commissioning organisations including Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) and Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) to enable data to be linked and shared to create an agreed truth. This is the foundation of many risk/gain share models.
Past projects have included:
- Developing policy and guidance around specific data uses
- Developing regional data sharing frameworks
- Supporting national programmes including NHS England Pioneers, Vanguard, Test Beds, Local Health and Care Records Exemplars (LHCRE)
Our services include:
- National policy development and guidance
- Data sharing
- Data linkage
- Engagement and transparency
- Privacy by Design and Privacy by Default